Second Year, Self-Directed Summer Internship Program 2018
Forest Foundation offers interns the opportunity to apply for a second summer internship to further their exposure and commitment to non-profits. Students create and self direct an internship position at a single non-profit or combination of agencies. The locations are geographically restricted to Greater Boston.
Interns are encouraged to be creative and design an opportunity they would otherwise be unable to experience. This internship must have a significant impact on the community served. Programs that support the neediest of populations will have priority.
- Starting January 2, 2018 eligible interns should begin communication with Forest Foundation concerning their proposed internship and have the position fully planned and presented by March 15, 2018
- The student is responsible for all contacts, preparation, and facilitation of their proposed internship and will maintain contact with Forest Foundation throughout the process
- Internships should be created by the intern for maximum experience, not just filling an existing internship position at an agency
- Internships must fulfill the minimum 400 hour requirement over a 10 week period from late May through early August
- Intern compensation is $5,000 (before taxes) and funded through a grant to the host agency
- Interns are compensated through the agency payroll system
- 2nd year interns will assist Foundation staff at our Leadership Development Days and act as mentors to the first year intern population
- 2nd year interns also help plan social events for the 1st year interns